Le Vélo Jaune, Bourg d’Oisans, France
Le Vélo Jaune Bed and Breakfast will provide for all your needs. It is situated in Le Clapier in the French Alps on RN91, 5km from Bourg d’Oisans and the base of Alpe d’Huez. Located within the Ecrins national park it is a superb location for cycling, skiing and walking holidays in the spectacular French Alps. It is approximately a 50 minute drive from Grenoble.
Independently run by cyclists for cyclists, and skiers for skiers, and the lovers of the outdoors, we will provide something special for all our guests making us the ideal Bourg d’Oisans cycling accommodation.
For cyclists we can provide everything you need for a superb cycling holiday around Alpe d’Huez, including a valley location so all rides finish with a descent or on the flat and easy access to some famous climbs such as Alpe d’Huez, Col du Galibier, Col du Lauteret, Col du Glandon and Croix de Fer, and much more.
Bourg d’Oisans Accommodation
- 2 quality twin / triple bed rooms with en suite facilities
- Guest sitting/dining room with kitchen facilities for afternoon teas and simple self catered meals.
- Wifi available throughout accommodation
- Garden with outdoor seating
- Healthy cyclist’s breakfast
- 3 course evening meal available on request, including pizza nights using our wood fired oven, very popular!
Facilities and other services
- Transfers can be arranged upon request
- Off Road Parking
- Secure Bicycle / Ski Storage
- Bike tools available
- Drying Room
- Bike hire available locally
- Local maps available. We can help with planning your routes and would be happy to cycle with you to show you the local area
Le Vélo Jaune Bed and Breakfast location
- Approx 1hr 15mins from Grenoble airport,1hr 30mins from Lyon airport & 2hr 15mins from Geneva airport
- 50 minutes by bus from Grenoble
- 5km from the market town of Bourg d’Oisans
- 5km from the base of Alpe d’Huez
- 18km from the resort of Alpe d’Huez
- 18km from the resort of Les Deux Alpes (Les 2Alpes) & La Grave
- 7 km from Venosc, ski lift to Les 2Alpes (skiing and off road cycling)
- Base of Col du Lauteret and St Christophe en Oisans
- On the Marmotte cycle route