Here are just a few of the quotes that we have received from previous guests:
- Nice place, great location
Pete & Andy, Australia, 01/07/15
- Great few days at LeVelo Jaune, superb location, great setting.
Alan, UK, 09/06/15
- Had a wonderful stay, thank you
Joe & Sally, Minnesota, USA, 29/05/15
- Mountains, mountains & mountains, great week of riding, made better coming back to a fantastic comfortable place with great food. Thanks for making us so welcome. Hopefully see you gain soon.
Steve, Paul, Leon, Keith, Tommy & Dave, Norwich, UK, 05/10/14
- Excellent location, knowledgeable & helpful hosts, really enjoyed our time in France especially at Le Velo Jaune. See you again.
Will & Mike, Oldham, UK, 09/09/14
- Super. Très bon séjour
Goëton, France, 08/08/14
- Well what can I say! Another fantastic time spent with Lynne & Alan. Thanks again for the great bike rides & company. See you next year!
Gary & Sara, Ludlow, UK, 20/07/14
- Very well looked after in this b&b and invaluable assistance with route finding in the Alpes. Fantastic cycling and all round great holiday. Many Thanks
Lou, Steve & Andy, UK, 14/06/14
- Wonderful stay! Thank-you Alan & Lynne for all your advice, I arrived with one ride in mind and left with 3 awesome days to remember.
Ben H, Australia, 23/05/14
- Lynne & Alan, we have had a fab few days cycling in this dreamland. Thank you for all your hospitality, help and company on the ride yesterday.
Padreig & Ciaran, Dublin, Ireland, 18/04/14
- A great stay – just like the mountains in Scotland!!!
Bute Wheelers, Glasgow, Scotland, 29/09/13
- Good accommodation, good food, ideal for cyclists. Good advice on local rides, very friendly.
Brian & Alison Griffiths, Whislow Wheelers, UK, 12/09/13
- 9 lads from Scotland having a blast on all the classic rides, Lynne & Alan were superb in their hospitality and advice on routes. The food was magnificent everyday. Enjoy Rolluers.
Big Cols Tour, Scotland,17/08/13
- Fantastic French Alpes experience, don’t miss the Laffrey – Col d’Ornon loop!! Col de la Croix de Fer is spectacular. Had a great time.
The Glenely Gang, USA, 14/07/13
- Thank you very much for a wonderful stay here in the Alpes. Your kindness and hospitality are first class, we leave with good memories and tired legs. Looking forward to coming back.
Matt & Kirsty, Reading, UK, 11/06/13
- Thanks so much for sharing your home and the great advice on which rides to hit! Can’t wait to return for the col’s missed and to revisit the descent from ‘Bons’
Troy, Canada, 29/05/13
- Thank you for the good tips and sharing your secret route with me.
Serve Doorenbosch, Holland, 29/04/13
- On the way to sking in Alpe d’Huez, lovely welcome, delicious meal and good nights kip!
Jim, Trish, Ross & Jan, Goodwood, UK, 08/03/13
- Had a fantastic time, food, company & riding were great. Thanks for making us so welcome.
Lisa & The Bigfoot Group, UK, 01/10/12
- Fantastic stay! Thank you for all the riding tips (and arranging the brilliant weather!), Alpe d’Huez, Galibier and Croix d’Fer. We’d love to come back. Thanks for the wonderful dinners to.
Mike & Angela, Portland, USA 17/09/12
- We had a fantastic holiday in a lovely Chambre d’Hotes, thank you for your hospitality & good food. Vive Le Velo Jaune
The Belgiums, Marleen, Stef, Desmond, Jean, 15/08/12
- Alan & Lynne, can’t thank you enough for such a wonderful stay, we love it here and you made us so welcome. Great food, shower & comfy beds – all our needs and more were met beyond our expectations. We hope to come back to this beautiful region.
Leigh, Paul & Olivia, Australia, 03/07/12
- Excellent stay, great time & food perfect after a days cycling. Thanks to Lynne & Alan for their hospitality.
Steve & Dave, Essex, UK, 15/06/12
- Awesome stay and your ride suggestions really made the difference. We’ll definately recommend you to friends. Thanks ever so much.
Jon, Mike & Keith, Berkhampsted, UK, 06/05/12
- We have throughly enjoyed our stay at Le Velo Jaune. Thank you for your hospitality, skiing with us & brilliant knowledge of the local area. Your b&b is in the perfect location for Les 2 Alpes, we’ll definately be back for more skiing.
Catherine & Neil, London, 10/04/12
- Many thanks for the great food and hospitality. We are already thinking about our 5th visit!
George & Mark Smee, Market Harborough, 06/03/12
- Merci beaucoup pour cette nuit reposante dans votre maison tres accueillant, le feu de cheminee est tres chaleureux
Thais, Julien, Nas & Antoine, France, 11/02/12
- Merci pour le sejour tres agreable, pour l’accueil amical, l’excellente nourriture et la bonne ambiance.
Eliska & Gilles, Lyon, France, 06/01/12
- Thanks once again for being excellent hosts & ski guides. Food was yummy. Fab holiday.
Rich,Helen,Emily & Catlin, Milton Keynes, UK 27/12/11
- Thank you for your woderful hospitality and cycling with us.
Alex, UK, 03/10/11
- Thank you so much for your hospitality, couldn’t have picked a better place to discover the Alps. Hope to come back soon.
Jack, Toronto, 27/09/11
- Superb hospitality, like being at home. Thank you for the great advice on rides. We will be sure to return and recommend to all our friends.
Megan, Camille & Hugh, Australia, 13/09/11
- Thank you for giving me a new addiction ‘climbing mountains on a bike’ and having a cool place to stay. We’ll be back, I want to kick my husbands ass again on Alpe d’Huez and see some Marmottes.
Gary & Cindy Belgium, 15/08/11
- Couldn’t have found a more appropriate and welcoming place to stay. Thanks so much for the excellent food & company – not least the cheering in the triathlon.
Pete Barnes, Lewis, UK, 31/07/11
- Alan & Lynne are perfect hosts, we can not compliment the location, food and ambiance enough. Their cycling knowledge and enthusiasm are motivational.
The boys from Wales & John, 04/07/11
- It’s not 42km to the Galibier, it’s 42.5km! Our second stay and another fantastic few days. See you again with the ‘gang’ next year.
John, Robert, Ryan, Loughborough, UK, 01/06/11
- What brilliant hosts, very welcoming and supportive during some of those long climbs! Will come back to get higher up the Alpe d’Huez board.
Peter Harris, Salisbury, UK, 15/05/11
- Thank you for sharing your little piece of heaven with us!
Phil, Cheryl, Devan & Aiden, South Africa, 14/04/11
- A welcome return visit to catch the last of the snow. Have a good cycling season.
David Jones, Norfolk, UK, 09/04/11
- Thrilled to see the yellow bike (or half of it!) outside on the road at last! Great to see you all, complete with suntans. Lovely stay & delicious dinner. Thanks.
Jim & Trish, Goodwood, 05/03/11
- Merci pour l’agreable soiree passe en votre compagnie, ainsi que par le bon repas. Les chambres sont tres sympa nous conseillerons le velo jaune a nos amis de passage.
Celine, Paris, 26/02/11
- Thanks for a great stay, lovely food and hospitality. Much appreciated.
David, Newport, 29/01/11
- Great snowboard advice, fantastic food once again, thanks.
George & Mark, Uk, 08/01/11
- Had an absolutely wonderful time again! Thank you very much. Pleased with my Alpe time 58.37, 53 mins next year! Best holiday ever.
Rachel & Mark, Newbury, 28/09/10
- Fantastic week. Great rides every day with nothing else to worry about. Food + help with routes great. We won’t forget the night ride – thanks it was brilliant.
Steve & Ed, Telford, 24/09/10
- Lovely cycling, lovely accommodation, lovely people, thank you Alan & Lynne for your hospitality & expert advice on routes.
Andrew, UK, 20/08/10
- Superb, everything you could ask for and more. Local knowledge was a big bonus. Would recommend to anyone. Can’t wait to come back and do the cycling in the dark!!
Andy (‘ex-triathlete’) Blackpool, 30/07/10
- Brilliant. Great food, great people, felt at home. Thanks for an amazing few days.
Mega Avalanche Crew (Evans Cycles) UK, 09/07/10
- Once again a lovely stay with excellent food and lovely company. Nice that ‘Dr Bike’ could solve our bike problems.
Carsten Anderson, Denmark, 05/07/10
- Excellent location for cycling. Accommodation just right & spotlessly clean, meals lovely with a good varied diet made it all convenient leaving more time to cycle.
John Ambrose, UK, 31/06/10
- Lynne & Alan make the guests feel like friends … this is an exceptionl b&b. We will recommend to all our friends in Spain.
Pedro & Elisa, Spain, 27/06/10
- A wonderful welcome, excellent food, local cycling knowledge par excellence. Nothing more required for alpine cycling. Congratulations on the perfect formula (and thank you for going the extra mile in an emergency – appreciated)
Jonny & Andy Scotland 20/06/10
- You’re never sure what to expect when all you have seen is on line. I can assure you and everyone that what comes along afterwards at Le Velo Jaune is terrific cycling accommodation in the French alpes , great food, great local knowledge, passion for the area. A bargain in my mind.
Art & Linda Oliver California 18/06/10
- Thanks for a wonderful time – great room, great showers, great company, great food, made us feel obliged to do some good miles and climbing everyday! Hope to back.
Richard & Zing London 05.06.10
- We came down to ride the Alpe and discovered we needed some help, the great food did the trick but the climbing was sick and I couldn’t think of anything else that rhymed!
Olly & Simon UK 03.06.10
- Prima locatie, centraal gelegen t.o.v de vele fiets routes. We zyn drie dragen goed verzoegd, goed geslapen, goed gegeten. Koktom we hebben het erg naar de zin gehad. Alleen de flesjes bierwaren ekg klein.
Jerry & Niels Holland 16.05.10
- Thanks a lot for another great stay! Already looking forward to seeing you again in July for the Marmotte. All the best to you and your fine b&b
Carsten & Mikkel Denmark 04.05.10
- Two parents who have escaped parenthood for a 3 day skiing trip. We greatly enjoyed the skiing, food and excellent hospitality. Alan & Lynne are the perfect easy going relaxed hosts.
Daren & Sarah (Independant skiiers) Devon 11.04.10
- Thank you for all your hospitality, for explaining where to ski. Food was great and we had a very enjoyable break.
Dave, Dave, Laurence UK 09.03.10
- Chambres comfortables, Sejours agreable, merci
Jolaiecle, Cleautal, Rene & Piere 22.02.10
- I just want to thank you for your wonderful hospitality during our stay at your lovely home. We both felt so relaxed and had a blast. Alan your food is excellent…michelin may come knocking!
Sandy & Anthony 21.02.10
- This was our 2nd visit and it was as good as the 1st, great company, fantastic food and lovely accommodation. Skiing was good. Thank you Lynne and Alan for a great time and New Year. Hope to be back in the summer.
Jason & Sharon, UK, 02.01.10
- Many thanks. A great welcome and excellent food. Excellent hosts and meals. A really good base for skiing and cycling holidays in the French Alpes.
Trevor, Anne, Jenny & Kathryn, UK, 22.12.09
- Lifesavers on a freezing cold night. A warm welcome and hearty breakfast. Thank you so much for everything.
Nat & Tony Webster, Hong Kong, 20.12.09
- One of our best ever cycling holidays! First class hosting and Alan’s cooking is worthy of a Michelin star. A word of warning for future guests, Translation of Alan’s ride guide, ‘it’s not a tough climb’ = 24km’s ave 8% gradient! ‘It’s only 3km very steep hills’ = 3km of vertical climb!
Rachael, Newbury UK, 12.10.09
- Super Duper place!!! We love it! especially the home cooked meals. Great to be back and I am already looking forward to our next visit for the Marmotte!
Kristian & Mikkel Denmark 21.09.09
- Great start and end to the GR54. Lovely house & very friendly. Next time we’ll be back for the cycling (although some of the VTT looks a bit tricky) or skiing.
Liz & Chris Uk 11.09.09
- The cycling was wonderful, the food fantastic, the conversation scintillating and the beds very comfortable. I guess you might stay we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Alpes. We will be letting everyone know about you, thank you.
Alison & Graham Edmonton, Canada 16.08.09
- Great location, lovely house, fantastic hosts! Oh and the food very, very nice! Thanks for being so welcoming and for the great advice.
Steve UK 02.07.09