Bourg d’Oisans and Alpe d’Huez Cycling Information
- Le Velo Jaune bed and breakfast Alpe d’Huez / Bourg d’Oisans in the French Alpes, offers all the essentials for a great cycling holiday.
- Le Velo Jaune is centrally positioned at the base of the famous French Alps of Alpe d’Huez, Col d’Galibier, Col d’ Lauteret, Croix d’Fer ensuring you always finish your days cycling with a descent or flat ride.
- Secure bike storage & tools available
- Bike hire available locally which we can assist you with. Most hire bikes have triple chain rings and you can choose between carbon & aluminium frames.
- Local maps are available. We can help with planning your route and would be happy to cycle with you to show you the French Alpes in all their glory.
- Alpe d’Huez cycling information and much more can be found in the local cycling routes guide, we have ridden them all so please ask for any information, route details, water & cafe stops, toilets etc
- Read more about cycling Aple d’Huez in our guide.
- For further information visit www.bikes-oisans.com or just ask.
- Located on the Marmotte route at the base of the Col du Lauteret / Col du Galibier, read more in our guide the Marmotte route
- Base of Alpe d’Huez situated 5km along the valley from Le Velo Jaune
- Easy cycling access to Col de la Croix de Fer, Col du Glandon, Col d’ Ornon, Col de Sarenne and many more.
- Every Wednesday in summer time trial up Alpe d’Huez
- 265km of sign posted vtt routes connecting Alpe d’Huez to 7 resort villages: Allemont, Auris, Bourg d’Oisans, Le Freney d’Oisans, Vaujany, Villard – Reculas
- Venosc 8km away provides ski lift access to the down hilling area of Les 2Alpes ï¿½ day passes available
- Ski lifts open July & August