Bourg d’Oisans & Alpe d’Huez area information
- The Oisans is an area of outstanding natural beauty which includes the Ecrins National Park and the two famous resorts of Alpe d’Huez and Les 2Alpes.
- The town of Bourg d’Oisans located 5km away is the capital of the Oisans, it has many restaurants, bars and shops including two well stocked bike shops and a number of outdoor shops. During the summer there is a market every Saturday morning. In addition there are cash points, Banks, a Post Office, Pharmacy and Tourist Office.
- Bourg d’Oisans & Alpe d’Huez form a road cycling mecca with easy access to the famous climbs of Alpe d’Huez, Col du Galibier, Col de la Croix de Fer plus many more such as St Christophe, Col d’Ornon, an ideal location for a cycling holiday in the French Alpes.
- The legendary Marmotte cyclosportive starts each year in Bourg d’Oisans and finishes in Alpe d’Huez after 174km and 5000m climbing.
- There is a comprehensive network of signed VTT (off road cycling) trails plus the Mega Avalanche, Mountain of Hell and Traverses de l’Oisans events are held in the area.
- This area is also home to stages of the tour de France and the Etape.
- For walkers there are over 700km of maintained trails many of which are clearly signposted.
- For Skiers we are 8kms from Venosc with its Lift to Les 2Alpes, and 18kms from the resort of Alpe d’Huez and Les 2Alpes.
- Many other outdoor activities including Climbing, Para gliding, white water rafting and riding, we will happily arrange any activities for you.
- The local area is covered by the following maps:
IGN 3335 ET Le Bourg d’Oisans L’Alpe d’Huez, IGN 3435 ET Valloire Aiguilles, Col du Galibier, IGN 3535 OT Nevache, Mont Thabor, Cols du Galibier et Du Lauteret.